IMEF Expands Scholarship Program to Include Working Professionals
Date Posted: August 8, 2012
The International Milling Education Foundation is expanding its current scholarship program to include professional development opportunities for milling professionals already working in the industry.
"We love the fact that IMEF is able to assist a certain number of milling science students at Kansas State University," stated IMEF President Joel Hoffa.
"However, we also recognize that there is a need for educational and training opportunities for those who are already employed in mills."
The purpose of the expanded program, which was developed by the IAOM Nominating Committee, is to provide financial assistance to those individuals who would like to enroll in the IAOM Correspondence Course in Flour Milling and/or a Resident Milling Course.
• Applicant must hold a job in a milling or related industries company.
• Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Applicant must be prepared to enroll in the IAOM Correspondence Course or Resident Milling Course.
• Applicant must be recommended by a minimum of two Active IAOM Members (a recommendation letter from each is required).
• Applicant must submit all required application information to the IMEF Scholarship Committee.
• Applicant may apply multiple times; however, the maximum number of times an applicant may receive a scholarship is limited to one for the Correspondence Course, and up to three times for attendance at a Resident Milling Course.
According to the application, the IMEF Scholarship will be awarded to those working in the milling industry.
To get an application or for information, go to the IAOM website: IMEF Scholarship Program for Working Professionals; call 1-913-338-3377; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.