Early Agenda Unveiled For NGFA Annual Convention in Hilton Head, SC
Date Posted: January 28, 2014
Plan to warm up with us March 30 to April 1 in sunny Hilton Head, S.C. for NGFA's 118th -- we will be celebrating our tradition of community and a future of growth.
Early Bird Rates Until March 7
An early convention program was recently unveiled, and includes:
• A Transportation Open Forum featuring John Hellmann, president and chief executive officer of Genesee & Wyoming Inc; Mike Toohey, president of Waterways Council Inc.; and John Miller, vice president, BNSF. A speaker from the trucking industry also will address the Forum.
• A congressional speaker.
• A major address from a food-industry leader.
• Marc Freedman, director of labor law policy from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, who will address "Regulatory Overreach."
• A panel on "Sustainability and Consumer Preferences" featuring a major retailer; Steve Peterson, director of sourcing sustainability, General Mills; and Randy Spronk, president, National Pork Producers Council.
• A session on "Futures Markets - Change and Innovation."
• The always entertaining membership awards.
• Receptions and networking events.
When you make plans to attend, schedule some fun for your visit.
• Sign yourself and your family up for tours and activities exploring and celebrating the unique offerings of the coastal southern town - Hilton Head, S.C.
• Put a group together for the Foundation Golf Tournament held this year at the Oyster Reef Golf Club.
Play a round and help support the National Grain and Feed Foundation.
More information on the tours and golf tournament: www.ngfa.org/annualconvention
Don't forget to reserve your hotel room early - our room rate expires March 7 but we anticipate rooms will go quickly!
And remember, don't leave too early.
Be sure you join us for our Tuesday night beach banquet, where the palm trees will sway in time to the laidback rhythm of Hilton Head Island - enjoy a change of attitude when you change your latitude
We can't wait to see you there!
For more information, call 202-289-0873.