GEAPS Announces 2012 Safety Awards at Exchange 2013
Date Posted: February 27, 2013
Of the 567 facilities at 50 companies who enrolled in GEAPS' 2012 Safety Awards program, 442 facilities at 28 companies were successful in completing the year without any lost-time work-related injury or illness.
On February 26 during the General Session at GEAPS Exchange, GEAPS recognized these facilities for their outstanding achievements.
In addition to the 2012 successful facilities, GEAPS also named winners in the categories of cumulative hours and consecutive years.
The complete list of successful companies for 2012 can be found below.
Winning Facilities: Consecutive Years
In a tie for fifth place, with 24 years each, are:
• Bunge North America’s facility in Newport, Arkansas
• The Scoular Company’s facility in Sidney, Nebraska
In a tie for fourth place, with 26 years each, are four Bunge North America facilities in
• Hickman, Kentucky
• Huffman, Arkansas
• LaGrange, Missouri
• Yazoo City, Mississippi
In third place, with 27 years, is Cargill AgHorizons’ facility in Tipton, Indiana.
In second place, with 30 years, is the Bunge North America’s Fountain Bluff facility in Grand Tower, Illinois.
In first place, with 34 consecutive years without a lost-time injury or illness, is Bunge North America’s DeSoto Landing facility in Arkansas City, Arkansas.
Winning Facilities: Cumulative Hours
In fifth place, with 1,075,932 hours without a lost time injury or illness is Bunge North America’s Harrowby, facility in Manitoba
In fourth place with 1,104,657 hours is Bunge North America’s Decatur, Alabama facility
In third place, with 1,137,103 hours is Cargill Grain & Oilseeds’ Houston Export Elevator, Texas facility
In second place with 1,249,987 hours is the Farmers Grain Terminal Greenville, Mississippi facility
In first place, with 1,414,381 cumulative hours without a lost-time injury or illness, is Bunge North America’s Morristown, Indiana facility.
2012 Safety Award Recipients:
• Agrex Inc, 2 facilities
• Alabama Farmers Coop, 1 facility
• The Andersons Inc, 17 facilities
• Arizona Grain Inc, 2 facilities
• Bunge South Carolina Grain LLC, 2 facilities
• Bunge North America, 76 facilities
• Cargill AgHorizons, 88 facilities
• Cargill Canada, 52 facilities
• Cargill Grain & Oilseeds, 4 facilities
• The DeLong Company, 11 facilities
• Farmers Cooperative Co, 11 facilities
• Farmers Grain Terminal, 9 facilities
• Gavilon Grain, LLC, 41 facilities
• General Mills Inc, 4 facilities
• Halverson Company, 1 facility
• The Kelly Group, 1 facility
• Latty Grain Ltd, 1 facility
• Louis Dreyfus Commodities, 1 facility
• Mennel Milling Company, 1 facility
• MillerCoors LLC, 4 facilities
• North Central Farmers Elevator, 1 facility
• Perdue AgriBusiness, 41 facilities
• Riceland Foods Inc, 23 facilities
• The Scoular Co, 34 facilities
• Silotrans S.R.L, 1 facility
• South Dakota Wheat Growers, 10 facilities
• Structural Restoration Inc, 1 facility
• Wear Concepts Inc, 1 facility
• WindRiver Grain LLC, 1 facility
FOr more information, call 952-484-7026.