GEAPS Exchange 2015 to Feature Vast Array of Education Topics
Date Posted: August 14, 2014
After reviewing over 100 suggestions, the GEAPS Exchange 2015 Educational Program Committee (EPC) has selected 23 preliminary topics for the regular education sessions at Exchange 2015, Feb. 21-24 in St. Louis, MO.
Narrowing down the dozens of member submissions was one of the EPC's goals for its May 28 meeting in Minneapolis, MN.
Fourteen committee members deliberated, carefully evaluating topics for relevance, usefulness and how they fit into the GEAPS core competencies.
The result is a session list that promises to be highly useful to conference attendees.
These topics will be developed into regular education sessions for Exchange 2015.
With topics now decided, the next step is finding qualified speakers. EPC member coordinators assigned to each topic are recruiting speakers and working with them to develop their sessions.
Idea Exchange, Expo Pods, and Opening Workshop themes are also in the works. Look for more information on these other educational offerings to be announced at a later date.
• Active Energy Management/Equipment Monitoring: Usage Plus Power Quality.
• Contractor Selection, Safety, and Management.
• Design Project Build vs. Design Bid Build.
• Do Safety Incentives Really Work?
• Drones in the Grain Industry.
• Dust Control and Strategy.
• Effective Communication for Distracted Work Forces.
• Explosion Venting/Hazards.
• FSMA Follow-Up.
• Grain Inventory Management.
• Legal Implications of Data Generated by Sensors.
• Levels of Automation.
• NEC Electrical Code.
• Post-Harvest Treatment.
• Preparing Your First Responders.
• Proper Crack and Patch Repair/Concrete Silo Management.
• Rail Infrastructure Update.
• Role of Internship/New Employee Skill Development.
• Site Preparation for Large Grain Storage.
• Stairs, Ladders, Gates and Guardrails: Best Practices for Safe Access.
• Steel Bin Management.
• Waterway Infrastructure.
For more information, call GEAPS at 952-928-4640.