MO Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer Confirmed to Speak at NGFA Country Elevator Conference ... Dec. 8-10 ... St. Louis, MO
Date Posted: November 20, 2013
Just Confirmed: Congressman Blaine Luetkemeyer
Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, R-Mo., will provide an overview of the 2014 Congressional agenda.
As a farmer, he will provide a unique perspective on agriculture and Washington, D.C.
He has said, he is "proud to bring real-world experience and perspective to Congress. For the heartland to succeed in the global economy, we must lessen government regulation of American agriculture and encourage the expansion of markets for Missouri goods."
Luetkemeyer (full bio) is a third-term Republican from the third Congressional District of Missouri, who sits on Financial Services Committee and Small Business Committee.
In addition, he sits on the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Energy, and Trade.
Additional highlights from the agenda include:
• OSHA HazCom: A workshop on training employees on changes to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (available to all registrants at no additional charge)
• Farm Bill: Patrick Westhoff, Director Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute
• Biofuels: Marty Ruikka, Principal, The ProExporter Network
• Economic Outlook: Terry Barr, Senior Director, Knowledge Exchange Group, CoBank
• Grain Quality: Robert Marlow, Regional Operations Manager, The Andersons
• Crop Insurance: Brandon Willis, Administrator, Risk Management Agency USDA
• Sustainability: Fred Luckey, Chairman, Field to Market -- The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture
See the full agenda for more information, or:
Check out ngfa.org/cec13