NGFA/AFIA/Feedstuffs FSMA Webinar Available Online
Date Posted: December 13, 2013
The webinar addressed current good manufacturing practice and hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls for food for animals.
A recording of the webinar, titled "Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) - What You Need to About Know Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals" is available online.
Key questions answered during the webinar included:
• When will the rule be effective?
• How are different sized companies impacted?
• What CGMPs are proposed; who needs to comply?
• What does FDA propose be addressed in a written hazard identification and preventive controls plan?
Featured speakers were:
• David Fairfield, vice president, feed services, NGFA;
• Dr. Daniel G. McChesney, director of the Office of Surveillance and Compliance, FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine.
• Richard Sellers, senior vice president, legislative and regulatory affairs, AFIA; and
• Jolyda Swaim, principal attorney and John Dillard, associate attorney, OFW Law.
The full webinar (approximately 3 hours) is available online.