NGFA Schedules Third Regional Safety Seminar ... June 13 in Iowa
Date Posted: April 5, 2013
This article is reprinted by permission from the NGFA Newsletter, V.65, N. 7, April 4, 2013
NGFA has scheduled a third Regional Safety Seminar for 2013 – this one in conjunction with the Agribusiness Association of Iowa on June 13.
The location is still to be determined; additional information will follow once it’s set.
Each seminar is jointly sponsored by NGFA and an affiliated state and regional grain and feed association.
Previously announced seminars are scheduled for:
• April 26: The Northern Quest Resort & Casino, Spokane, Wash.; sponsored by NGFA and the Pacific Northwest Grain and Feed Association.
• May 16: Farm and Home Center, Lancaster Pa.; sponsored by NGFA and the PennAg Industries Association.
Each seminar will include sessions on:
• Emerging and Evolving Regulatory Issues.
• Fire and Explosion: Housekeeping program guidelines; hot work guidelines; leg monitors; explosion venting/suppression; preventive maintenance; head and boot section inspection doors; and training needs for employees.
• Confined Space/Bin Entry: Confined space/bin-entry guidelines, hazard identification and evaluation, emergency response and training, training needs for employees, and reclaim operations.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protection (RP): PPE program guidelines, RP program guidelines, and recordkeeping for PPE and RP.
• Fall Protection.
• Electrical Safety – Lockout/Tagout: Lockout/tagout policy and procedures/ inspections, exposure to electrical energy, and multiple versus single energy source.
For more information, call 202-289-0873.