Register by Nov. 8 For Early Bird Rates at NGFA Country Elevator Conference
Date Posted: October 17, 2013
Country Elevator Conference Featured Speakers
Economic Outlook: Terry Barr, Senior Director, Knowledge Exchange Group, CoBank
Farm Bill: Patrick Westhoff, Director, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute.
Barr will present a comprehensive market and economic outlook, while Westhoff will provide unique perspective on the 2013 farm bill and how that legislation will change farm policy leading into 2014.
Both speakers are part of the agenda for NGFA's 42nd annual Country Elevator Conference and Trade Show.
Highlights also include:
• OSHA HazCom: A workshop on training employees on changes to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (available to all registrants at no additional charge)
• Biofuels: Marty Ruikka, Principal, The ProExporter Network
• Grain Quality: Robert Marlow, Regional Operations Manager, The Andersons
• Crop Insurance: Brandon Willis, Administrator, Risk Management Agency USDA
• Sustainability: Fred Luckey, Chairman, Field to Market -- The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture
See the Full Agenda for more information, or:
Check out ngfa.org/cec13
Terry Barr is acknowledged in agricultural and public policy circles as one of the leading economists on the production agriculture and agribusiness sectors.
He is an expert on factors shaping the rapid structural transformation of the U.S. and global food, energy, fiber and agriculture business systems and the implications for farm policy, agricultural trade policy, farmer cooperatives and rural infrastructure.
Patrick Westhoff, previously a senior staff member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, now serves as a professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia and as director of FAPRI, long the go-to economic analysis organization for Congressional Ag Committees as they develop farm policy proposals.
Registration for this conference is limited to NGFA members only.
If you are not yet a member and would like more information, contact Todd Kemp at 202-289-0873.
If you have other questions, please contact Faith Silvers at 202.289.0873.