United Cooperative (WI) Donates $26,000 to Local Food Pantries
Date Posted: November 20, 2012
Beaver Dam—This week, United Cooperative, based in Beaver Dam, is releasing $26,000 in monetary funds to 25 different food pantries throughout their south-central and north-east Wisconsin trade territory.
“We’ve learned from local food pantries that the demand for hunger-relief services is very strong,” commented David Cramer, United Cooperative president and chief executive officer.
“Our food-pantry contributions are a result of our efforts to have a cooperative that our patron members can rely on, both on their farms and in their local communities.
"As a cooperative, we want to help build a better world, and that starts right here in south-central and north-east Wisconsin.”
In 2011, Feeding America reports the number of food-insecure Americans continues at 50.1 million people. Feeding America’s recent study, Food Banks: Hunger’s New Staple, proved that, “emergency food pantries are becoming a regular component of households’ long-term strategies to supplement monthly shortfalls in food.
"When we give someone food, we give them hope, so that they may focus on school or a better job, and ultimately build a thriving life for themselves and for their children.”
Food pantries receiving donations from United Cooperative include:
• Baraboo Food Pantry, Baraboo
• City of Waupun Food Pantry, Waupun
• Columbus/Fall River Food Pantry, Columbus
• Community Cupboard, Inc., Denmark and Maribel
• Deerfield Community Center, Deerfield
• Dodge County Food Pantry, Beaver Dam
• First United Methodist Church Food Pantry, Hartford
• Johnson Creek Helping Hands Food Pantry, Johnson Creek
• Holy Rosary Food Pantry, Kewaunee
• Kingdom Come Food Pantry, Oconto Falls
• Loaves and Fishes Community Food Pantry, Shiocton
• Milton Community Action Food Pantry, Milton
• People Against A Violent Environment, Inc. (PAVE), Beaver Dam
• Paul’s Pantry, Inc., Green Bay
• Portage Food Pantry, Portage
• Reedsburg Area Food Pantry, Reedsburg
• Ripon Community Food Pantry, Ripon
• Shawano Area Food Pantry and Resource Center (SAFPARC), Shawano
• Sacred Heart Parish, Horicon
• St. Martin Parish Food Pantry, Cecil
• St. Stephen’s Food Pantry, Horicon
• Sauk Prairie Area Food Pantry, Inc. Prairie du Sac
• The Community Pantry of Pulaski, Inc., Pulaski
• TULP Food Pantry, Tilleda
• Watertown Food Pantry, Watertown
Formed in 1936, United Cooperative is a full-service cooperative offering feed, grain, agronomy, and energy products and services to Wisconsin farmers and consumers.
United Cooperative has locations in Auroraville, Baraboo, Beaver Dam, Bonduel, Deerfield, Denmark, Gresham, Hartford, Horicon, Hustisford, Iron Ridge, Johnson Creek, Mayville, Pickett, Poynette, Prairie du Sac, Pulaski, Reedsburg, Ripon, Rock Springs, Sauk City, Shawano, South Beaver Dam, Watertown, and Wyocena.
For more information visit www.unitedcooperative.com