United Cooperative (WI) Recognizes 30 Scholarship Winners
Date Posted: April 24, 2014
Beaver Dam—United Cooperative, based in Beaver Dam with locations throughout Wisconsin, has announced the names of 30, $1,000 United Cooperative scholarship winners.
The recipients were publically recognized at United Cooperative’s recent annual meeting in Juneau, Wis., and informational meetings in Reedsburg and Green Bay.
Twelve of the scholarships were awarded to students majoring in an agricultural field and four were designated to students attending a technical school or short-course program.
The remaining scholarships were presented to a mixture of majors.
To be eligible, the student or the parent had to be a patron member of United Cooperative; the student must attend an accredited college, university, or technical school; and the student must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants were judged on their leadership skills, scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, motivation, and academic and personal goals. All applications were judged by the Wisconsin Federated Youth Foundation.
The 2014 United Cooperative scholarship recipients:
• Amber Pethke, Larsen, daughter of Lydell and Sheryl Pethke
• Breanna Smits, Markesan, daughter of Steve and Heidi Smits
• Brett Ferstl, Beaver Dam, son of Brian and Lana Ferstl
• Danielle Timm, Gillett, daughter of John and Joan Timm
• Eva Arndt, Beaver Dam, daughter of Duane and Janet Arndt
• Ian Wetterau, Germantown, son of Troy and Laurie Wetterau
• Jacqueline Walters, Hebron, Ill., daughter of Phil and Sue Walters
• Jesse Lynch, Reeseville, son of Jeffrey and Linda Lynch
• Jon Heeringa, Fox Lake, son of Edward and Lynn Heeringa
• Justin Nehls, Juneau, son of John and Vonda Nehls
• Kaitlin M. Mader, Mayville, daughter of Timothy Mader and Jodi Davis
• Kyle Jahnke, Markesan, son of Gale and Sharon Jahnke
• Morgan Antonioni, Mayville, daughter of Daniel and Heidi Antonioni
• Patrick Roche, Columbus, son of Kevin and Tracy Roche
• Aaron Frisk, New Lisbon, son of Robert and Koreen Frisk
• Anne Peterson, Kendall, daughter of Brian and Patricia Ellsworth
• Courtney Schmidt, Lone Rock, daughter of Randy and Shelly Schmidt
• Kelsey Skala, Hillsboro, daughter of Thomas and Wendy Skala
• Macy Mislivecek, Hillsboro, daughter of Gary and Susan Mislivecek
• Sally Albers, Prairie du Sac, daughter of Kim Adler and the late Brent Albers
• Stacie Luxton, Hillpoint, daughter of Thomas and Kay Luxton
• Thomas Waterworth, Fall River, son of Kirk and Donna Waterworth
• Tyler Dregney, Reedsburg, son of Joe and Pam Dregney
• Walker Rynes, Norwalk, son of Mike and Andi Rynes
• Brittiny Schroeder, Denmark, daughter of Chad Schroeder and Jessie Chada
• Amanda Page, Ripon, daughter of Jay and Kayleen Page
• Ashley Bergsbaken, Bonduel, daughter of Dennis and Donna Bergsbaken
• Chad Bruss, Markesan, son of David and Susan Bruss
• Jamie Seward, Pine River, daughter of Scott and Dawn Seward
• Morgan Denzer, Pulaski, daughter of Steve and Pam Denzer
Formed in 1936, United Cooperative is a full-service cooperative offering feed, grain, agronomy, and energy products and services to Wisconsin farmers and consumers. United Cooperative has locations in Auroraville, Baraboo, Beaver Dam, Bonduel, Deerfield, Denmark, Gresham, Hartford, Hillsboro, Horicon, Hustisford, Iron Ridge, Johnson Creek, Kendall, Mayville, Ontario, Pickett, Poynette, Prairie du Sac, Pulaski, Reedsburg, Ripon, Rock Springs, Sauk City, Shawano, South Beaver Dam, Watertown, Wilton, Wonewoc, Wyocena, and Yuba.
For more information, visit www.unitedcooperative.com.