WL Port-Land ... Engineering Manager
Date Posted: April 11, 2013
WL Port-Land, an industry leading design-build firm that specializes in bulk material handling and process facilities, is looking for an Engineering Manager to oversee the full life cycle of engineering processes.
Managing a team of 8-12 engineers and designers, this position will give you the opportunity to apply your engineering skills and creativity to a wide variety of projects.
Experience with industrial construction and bulk material handling is preferred, but we will train on the nuances of our industry and encourage all interested candidates with engineering management experience to apply (no direct inquiries please – only online applications will be considered).
The ideal candidate will have industrial experience, a history of effectively managing others, and an industrial or mechanical engineering background.
You will have a significant impact on our future growth and will be a critical part of the way our engineering operations are structured and managed.
• $85,000-$105,000 annual salary commensurate with experience
• Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
• Medical, life and long-term disability insurance
• Paid vacation
• Enrollment in 401(K) with generous company match
• Education reimbursement
With a history of success in the feed and grain industry, today WL Port-Land specializes in the material handling, processing and storage of bulk materials in all industries.
With engineering, construction, operations and maintenance experience all under one roof, WL Port-Land is unique in claiming all four areas of expertise.
Our real-world perspective is based on our knowledge of how industry works and how buildings get built.
To learn more about us, check us out online: http://www.wlport-land.com/
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate project design inclusive of:
o Facility layout
o Process design
o System specifications
o Equipment selection and specifications
o Fabrication design
o Coordination of engineering disciplines
o Construction feasibility and cost enhancements
o Coordination with equipment vendors through approval drawing process
• Manage engineering department project scheduling, hour estimates and cost accounting
• Respond to field questions and needed clarifications
• Support sales through proposal designs and concepts as well as estimates
• Schedule and delegate personnel resources
• Train design engineers and draftsmen
• Administrate compensation, goal setting and performance reviews of engineers and draftsmen
• Collaborate with management team
• Minimum of 10 years of industrial engineering experience
• Experience managing draftsman and engineering professionals of multiple disciplines
• Bachelor of Science in engineering degree minimum. PE license preferred
• Experience working on design/build projects
To apply, please complete our confidential online application: http://www.new-hire.com/jobs/availablejobs.asp?job=5537
Job Openings / Help Wanted