Sales Specialist II – Agriculture (Grain Cover Systems)
COMPANY: Raven Engineered Films Division
LOCATION: Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
REQ ID: 27196
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges.
Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets.
Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting.
From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges.
We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Sales Specialist will improve sales and support overall business growth within Raven Engineered Films.
You will have an in-depth understanding of all company products and services, and the skills and industry knowledge required to sell them.
You should also be familiar in preparing marketing budgets; conducting research and analyze trends, and perform sales forecasts and strategies.
Plastic films and geomembrane experience helpful but not required.
Preferred experience includes a solid background and knowledge of grain cover systems and the agricultural grain industry.
• Responsible for growing business in an in assigned market/territory or account.
• Present the company’s product line to existing and prospective accounts to solicit sales.
• Assist with distribution planning and expansion.
• Identify new product and product enhancement opportunities.
• Assist with sales forecasting, planning, and goals.
• Prepare price quotes, terms, delivery, etc. within guidelines.
• Negotiate warranty and credit returns.
• Generate demand by targeting groups to identify Raven as a supplier.
• Provide and/or coordinate training for accounts on products.
• Keep Raven informed of competitive and market trends.
• Utilize and maintain a CRM tool.
• Stay current on relevant technology trends.
• Assist with credit resolution.
• Plan, organize, and/or work trade shows as needed.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed.
• Assumes direction for account, to manage and make decisions on account within the established guidelines for the division.
• Focus on new business development and alternative markets.
• Responsible for larger/key accounts, or specialized/target markets.
• Negotiate contracts, and potentially draft proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• 7+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships that establish trust and create value.
• Sharp perception of verbal and non-verbal communication skills, providing enhancement of sales abilities.
• Contributes to the team in an above average manner.
• Capable of handling larger/key accounts, or specialized/target markets.
• Has knowledge of the business side, and contributes to strategic decisions.
• Ability to communicate in clear and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to learn product line, production capabilities, related markets as well as a diverse range of future opportunities.
• High level of competitiveness.
• Negotiation skills.
• Sharp professional presentation skills.
• Ability to consider the client, competitors, and Raven to evaluate opportunities.
• Ability to create value propositions to address the client’s needs, both known and unknown.
• Possess the ability to see and work steps ahead of the competition.
• Strategic, agile, articulate and fast-thinking.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Ability to travel 25%, up to 50% of time.
• Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.