4B Components in August introduced the industrial ethernet node (IE-Node), a remote monitoring interface designed to provide sensor data to PLCs or other automation and control systems.
According to Vice President-Electronics Brian Knapp, “The IE-NODE operates by reading its sensor inputs and sending processed data when requested by another system, such as a PLC.
“The unit is equipped with an RJ45 ethernet socket,” says Knapp, “and supports PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP/IP protocols for easy integration with Siemens, Allen-Bradley Rockwell, Modicon, and others systems.”
The IE-Node features network configuration software that provides a visual view of all devices on the network. “It provides for easy identification of each unit on the network,” he adds, “and allows for network settings to be changed as needed.”
• Industrial ethernet and cloud connectivity in a single device.
• Sixteen sensor inputs to provide universal signal support.
• Connect 256-plus IE-Nodes on one network.
• NEMA-4X IP66 enclosure for rugged outdoor environments.
• Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, and G certified for combustible dust.
From September/October 2021 Grain Journal Issue