GEAPS Executive Director Steve Records at the organization's Annual Meeting on July 22 reported on work recently done on updating the organization’s Strategic Plan.
The plan has four main goals:
· Grow the membership.
· Increase member engagement in the organization.
· Advance professional development.
· Grow the organization’s resources.
A few ideas under consideration by a Strategic Plan Task Force:
· As companies consolidate, increase the number of members from those larger companies to the extent possible.
· Reward GEAPS chapters for member recruitment.
· Find more ways for members to attend GEAPS events virtually.
· Provide ways for speakers to enhance training for members, possibly on-site.
· Look at new classes of members such as farmers.
· Offer dues discounts for new memers
Finally, GEAPS members adopted a new mission statement:
“To advance grain industry knowledge and information sharing through a network of global agriculture professionals.”