Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Purpose: The Technical Sales Specialist’s mission is to develop new product sales business within a defined territory while still maintaining steady growth with new service accounts. Technical Sales Specialists will communicate to customers and prospects the different aspects and capabilities of J.A. King and how it applies to their measurement needs. This is an outside sales role designed for self motivated individuals who can work independently and with a team. This position will focus primarily on weight based sales applications and work hand in hand with the Scale Product Manager.
● Responsible for uncovering and quoting all product opportunities within the territory.
● Visit territory customers and prospects to:
○ Develop and build the business that J.A. King does with that customer or prospect.
○ Create opportunities to meet with customers and prospects and win their business.
○ Identify the explicit needs of those customers that J.A. King can meet and identify the relative value of fulfilling those needs and determining the most effective way for J.A. King to meet that need.
○ Develop presentations and communicate J.A. King capabilities and how that adds value to them and their organization.
○ Respond to customer’s requests for quotes by submitting quotations to customers for Product and Service applications, or turn the particular project over to the appropriate Application Specialist or Service Manager.
○ Train the customer/prospect on the best, most effective way for them to interface with J.A. King to meet their needs.
● Develop a list of top 10 Precision Measurement Customer Targets and work to win that business
● Internal to J.A. King:
○ Complete and submit all reporting, including quote logs, territory development plans, commission reports, etc on time and accurately.
○ Participate in Sales and Service team meetings playing the role of team leader where assigned.
○ Report to management customer feedback, market trends, competitive intelligence, and changes to customer’s businesses that affect J.A. King.
● Product sales revenue growth
● New Service Business attained
● Quote volume and percentage of quotes closed
● The creation of leads and the development of transitioning a lead to a customer
● Annual performance reviews, feedback from customers, prospects, and peers.
Required Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
● 3-5 years of post collegiate experience in Sales – outside sales experience a plus!
● Previous experience selling within grain and agricultural markets including co-ops, mills, ethanol plants, farms, scrap yards, and municipalities is a plus!
● Presentation, written and personal communication skills
● A focus on high quality outcomes and business profit
● Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and PC proficiency
● The ability to think creatively, take initiative, multitask and manage projects under pressure
● An unwavering persistence, commitment, passion and enthusiasm for this work.
Required Behavioral Competencies
● Customer Focus
● Communicates Effectively
● Manages Complexity
● Drives Results
● Servant Leadership
Physical and Mental Requirements:
● The ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
● Ability to speak, write, and utilize a PC effectively.
● The ability to drive up to 8 hours at a time
● The ability to travel via plane as needed
● The ability to navigate in an industrial environment
Compensation & Benefits:
● J.A. King provides a competitive base salary as well as a commission structure that reflects effort and results.
o Compensation Structure may vary each year to reflect the needs and direction of J.A. King
● J.A. King provides the training and tools needed so that there is no out of pocket work related expenses.
o Company vehicle, gas card, maintenance card, and insurance coverage
o Company credit card for essential business related expenses
o J.A. King shirts, jackets, and safety shoes
o Company computer
o Company smart phone
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.