Nearly 700 industry members gathered in La Quinta, CA, for the NGFA’s 127th annual convention on March 21-23. During the event, NGFA distributed several awards to industry volunteers, conducted business meetings of each of its committees and the Board of Directors, and announced the results of its most recent election.
During the Closing General Session on March 23, NGFA Chairman Greg Beck presented the NGFA Distinguished Service Award to Sharon Clark, senior vice president of regulatory affairs and compliance at Purdue Agribusiness.
“Sharon has generously contributed her time, industry knowledge, and expertise to the NGFA for many years. She has served on the Board of Directors several times since 2001, on the Executive Committee multiple times between 2002-2021, and on the Arbitration Appeals Panel since 2011.
"She began her NGFA tenure serving on the Rail Shipper/Receiver Committee and the former Rail Arbitration Rules Committee in 1998. She also currently serves on the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. She has served as an arbitrator multiple times and is recognized as a founder of the Rail Arbitration System.
"Her contributions have strengthened this Association and will be remembered for years to come. In recognition of outstanding career achievement and commitment to the advancement of the NGFA and the industry, NGFA presents this Distinguished Service Award to Sharon Clark.”
Chairman Beck also presented an NGFA Distinguished Service Award to Dennis Inman, the vice president of grain at Central Farm Service.
“Dennis has been a reliable, consistent and capable servant to NGFA and our industry for many years. He has served on the Board of Directors since 2019, on the Executive Committee since 2021, and currently serves on the Country Elevator Committee and Arbitration Appeals Panel. In recognition of career achievement and commitment to the advancement of the NGFA and the industry, NGFA presents this Distinguished Service Award to Dennis Inman.”
During the Opening General Session on March 22, Immediate Past Chairman JoAnn Brouillette presented the second annual “Randall C. Gordon Award for Excellence in Industry Service” to Jan Campbell, the regulatory affairs manager for Purina Animal Nutrition LLC.
This award is presented to the NGFA committee member whose exceptional service has contributed greatly to the goals of the grain, feed and processing industry during the year. The award is named after Randy Gordon who retired from NGFA in 2021 after 43 years with the association, including eight as president and CEO.
Campbell has served on NGFA’s Feed Legislative and Regulatory Committee continuously since 2001 and as an NGFA advisor to the Association of American Feed Control Officials during the same period.
“Over the past several years, she has made countless contributions towards NGFA’s policy efforts for feed,” Brouillette noted. “Jan is recognized throughout the feed industry as being an expert in her field and a strong advocate for advancing reasonable and effective practices to ensure the safety of feed products. We are very pleased to present this award to her.”
NGFA Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary Charlie Delacruz presented awards to the NGFA arbitrators that have served over the past year. They include:
• Robert Bond , Agrex Inc., Franklin, TN
• Kayla Burkhart, Dakota Midland Grain LLC, Voltaire, ND
• Corey Dencklau, The Gavilon Group, LLC, Omaha, NE
• Robert Geers, Michigan Agricultural Commodities Inc., Lansing, MI
• Tim Gallagher, Kruse Western LLC, Denver, CO
• Kurt Haarmann, Columbia Grain International LLC, Portland, OR
• Kent Hamm, The DeLong Co., Inc., Minooka, IL
• Ed Ide, Zen-Noh Grain Corporation, Covington, LA
• Tyler Scifers, Grain Craft, Overland Park, KS
• Jeff Van Pevenage, Columbia Grain International LLC, Portland, OR
• Taylor Warwick, Highline Grain Growers Inc. , Davenport, WA
• Dan Wegner, United Wisconsin Grain Producers LLC , Friesland, WI
• Eric Wilkey, Arizona Grain Inc. , Casa Grande, AZ
• Carrie Williams, AgMark LLC , Concordia, KS
• Paxton Wood, Centerra Cooperative, Ashland, OH
Membership Recruitment Awards
NGFA recognized the following leading membership recruiters over the previous year:
• Third Place: Diana Klemme, Grain Service Corp., who sponsored Nestle Purina LLC
• Second Place: Jason Gustafson, Bunge North America Inc., who sponsored Bunge-SCF Grain LLC
• First Place: Mike Tate, Bunge North America Inc., who sponsored Bunge Chevron Ag Renewables
The leading NGFA-member company in membership recruiting takes home the traditional solid-bronze statue of Ceres, Goddess of the Harvest as the award for most total membership points.
• Ceres, Goddess of the Harvest: Bunge North America Inc.