Minneapolis, MN — The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) has announced the results for the 2020 Safety Awards Program.
Out of 425 facilities enrolled in the program, 353 successfully completed the year without any lost time injuries or illnesses. Of those facilities, 304 went the entire year with no recordable incidents to earn the elite tier.
Top Facilities: Cumulative Hours
- Kelly Group Construction, Decatur, IL,779,829 hours
- Knobelsdorff Enterprises, Goodhue, MN, 415,958 hours
- Bunge North America, Council Bluffs, IA, 277,302 hours
- Bunge Canada, Harrowby, Russel, MB, 150,575 hours
- Cargill Inc, Albion, NE, 40,612 hours
Top Facilities: Cumulative Years
- Bunge North America DeSoto Landing facility in Arkansas City, AR, 42 years
- Bunge North America Fountain Bluff facility in Grand Tower, IL, 38 years
- Bunge North America facility in Tipton, IN, 35 years
- Bunge North America facility in Blytheville, AR, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Hickman, KY, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in LaGrange, MO, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Yazoo City, MS, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Tipton, IN, 34 years
A complete list of award winners is available on the GEAPS website.
Enrollment for 2021 Safety Awards Program opens in the fall and winners will be announced at Exchange 2022 in Kansas City.
Subscribe to Safety E-News delivered to your inbox the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month.
Purdue University Report: Grain Bin Entrapments Fall 7.9% in 2020
Grain Talk Podcast: Bill Spreeman Shares Safety Insights From Columbia Grain International
Machine Guarding Basics: Proper Guarding Reduces Exposure to Equipment Hazards