Maxi-Tronic in early October introduced the RadarMax™ non-contact level monitoring sensor, which is designed for continuous level sensing of granular, powder, and liquid product in round, square, and interstice bins, hoppers, or flat-bottom silos and tanks.
According to Senior Product Engineer Jack Luers, RadarMax measures grain depths up to 100 feet to an accuracy of 1 inch and requires only a 2-1/2-inch-diameter hole and four screws for installation.
“RadarTrack software graphically displays filling and emptying, storage filled depth, bushels or tons, and time until full or empty, based on current rate of fill or discharge,” he says.
“The software also provides automatic alerts via text message or email,” adds Luers, “and will activate relay controls. Alert setpoints are user-programmable, and Safe-Grain’s relay controls may be used to activate alarms and material handling equipment.”
• Accurate level measurement and extremely fast refresh rate.
• Radio connectivity for cost-saving installation.
• SolarMax solar power option for true wireless operation.
• Handheld display for convenient aiming and installation. Internal battery can power the RadarMax during installation.
• Dust-tight enclosure for Class II, Division 2 hazardous locations. UL-rated NEMA: 3S, 4X, 12, 13; IP-68.
• Remote viewing is available on Android, iOS, and web browsers. No cloud subscription is needed.
View this review and more in the Grain Journal November December 2021 magazine.